Answered

arc height adjustment not working

• 19 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I have a Sonos Arc connected to LG C1. I have tuned with Trueplay and Sonos app tells me I am listening in Dolby Atmos. However, when I slide the Height Adjustment left and right on the Sonos app while watching and listening to Atmos content, there is no difference in sound. Should it be noticeable? Any tips? I just want to make sure that the top firing speakers are working. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 September 2021, 15:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It should be pretty noticeable when you adjust the height audio level. But the height channels aren’t always active when playing Dolby Atmos content. The height of your ceiling is also a factor. If you have really high ceilings or if you are sitting too far away from the Arc, the height audio may be difficult to hear. How high are your ceilings and how far do you sit from the Arc?

Find a movie with a scene with clear height channel effects. If you watch The Wandering Earth on Netflix at about the 1:23:25 mark, there are clear electric spark sound effects playing out of the upward firing drivers for 30-40 seconds. Just be sure you are listening to the Dolby Atmos Chinese track.

Hi Guitar Superstar,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly and with the great timestamp. Yes, I can confirm the height Audio is working, so thank you! To answer your question, my ceiling is 2.4m high, the soundbar sits 0.4m off the ground, and I sit 5m away. Am I too far away?I do have the option of bringing the listening position closer by moving the sofa. Is there a formula for working out optimal listening distance? 

Thanks again,

Dan

Userlevel 7

5m is too far away. Ideally you should be about 1.5-2.5m from the Arc to hear the height channels the best.

Thanks!