Skip to main content

Brand new arc and sub setup yesterday.  Connected to formovie theater (also brand new) via arc3.  Sounds great, but during periods of any sustained front-channel sound that channel pulses like it comes in short, half-second waves. All the other sound is normal.  So eg for batman begins Nolan always has these long sustained notes in the background—all sound is perfect but that, front-channel note is pulsing in volume, like a wave of maybe ½ second from peak to peak.  Same thing watching football…the announcers and sound of the game are all fine, but when the crowd cheers, the cheers, and just that channel alone, pulse like that.  

And by the way it is a significant pulse, not just a minor thing I’m picking up on, but significant enough to make it hard to hear the other sounds.  Hope that is a clear explanation, not something I’ve ever heard before so struggling to explain it in words!

thanks for any input you can give.  

Having never seen an issue like this before, I think I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.