Answered

Arc/Era300s/Submini playing audio from Epson LS500 projector

• 26 June 2023
  • 1 reply

New issue popping up out of nowhere after many months of seamless play. I have Arc+two Era300+sub mini hooked via eARC to REI switcher which also houses the AppleTV+ epson projector. Formerly, I could play anything on AppleTV with ease and would control volume thru Sonos app and if I felt listening to music (also via Sonos app) I could change to that at any time. Now, music plays fine thru Sonos app but anytime I crank up the projector with AppleTV --it’s silent OR it makes this very quick squeeeek type of noise instead of the clicking while navigating thru app icons on the AppleTV menu. And if I click on any show (Netflix, D+ etc) it’s silent. The only workaround has been airplay and changing “audio output” settings to “temporary audio output” and selecting the Sonos “media room” designation - but that’s via airplay and not thru the Receiver speaker/REI/atmos setup. Any ideas on how to fix this weirdness?   (the only workaround so far is unplugging and re-plugging the REI unit...which kicks in the TV audio...but that’s not only tedious but feels like it’s bad for the system as a whole)

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 29 June 2023, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @QuichePrime, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m not familiar with this sort of setup and I’m not sure what could be causing the issue if nothing has changed. You mention two workarounds, one using airplay and one unplugging and re-plugging the REI unit, which I assume is a OREI HDMI Switcher, unless you mean a different device and, if so, could you provide the full model details and number of that device.

As these workarounds sort the issue, it’s possible the issue lies with switcher. I would recommend going further to narrow down the issue. Would there be any way to get audio without Apple TV to test with only the Sonos Arc connected to the projector via the switcher, or directly connected if possible? If the projector supports HDMI-ARC/HDMI-eARC, you will be able to directly connect Sonos to it.

Trying different HDMI cables could also help solve the issue, or at least let us know they aren’t causing it.

If you are able to try the above, please reply to this thread if they resolve the issue you are experiencing. If not, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team for live troubleshooting, as they have the tools available to assist in resolving this issue with you.

I hope this helps!