Answered

Arc+Era100 delay with music in “Full”

• 4 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have an Arc, 2xEra100 and Sub in a surround setup and hope someone with experience can help. When using these as TV output all is great. 

However, when with Surround Audio > Music Playback > Full set, when music is being played (eg. Spotify, airplay), there is a slight delay to the Era100 output such that it sounds like a slight echo. Noticeable especially with spoken word.

Is this normal? Bearing in mind that these aren’t a group of speakers (I.e you might expect and accept a tiny delay between rooms) but are actually connected and appear as one single “Product” in the Sonos app.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 September 2023, 21:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you have Music Playback set to Full, there should be no delay. Have you tried unplugging the Arc from power for a couple of minutes? Are any of the speakers wired with an ethernet cable? Also be sure you keep WiFi enabled for all of the speakers in the Sonos app.

That was my feeling too, that there should be no delay because they operate as one logical Sonos unit/device.

I have done as suggested with the Arc and this hasn’t changed anything.

All devices are wirelessly connected, no Ethernet.

How large is your room?

About 6m x 9m. It’s noticeable regardless of listener location (even if you sit centre of all 3 speakers)

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Remove the Era 100s as surrounds in the Sonos app. Unplug them both from power and swap the speakers (left speaker is now the right speaker, right speaker is now the left speaker). Plug them back in and add them as surrounds again.