Skip to main content
Answered

ARC/ERA100 configuration question

• 5 March 2024
  • 2 replies

On the S2 app you can pair 2 ERA100 to an ARC soundbar but they instantly go as a  pair of Surround. Is it possible to make them be a sound Copy of the ARC bar instead? so i can install the ERAs on 2 different place and listen to what is played on TV ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You can configure them as surrounds, or as a separate room.  As a separate room, you will need to group the rooms together in order to play the same source.  Note:  For TV sources, a grouped room will be slightly behind by at least 75ms, which could cause an echo effect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

On the S2 app you can pair 2 ERA100 to an ARC soundbar but they instantly go as a  pair of Surround. Is it possible to make them be a sound Copy of the ARC bar instead? so i can install the ERAs on 2 different place and listen to what is played on TV ?

To be nerdy, you can’t pair Eras with an Arc. Sonos only allows sonically similar speakers to pair. (I’ve not tried with two soundbars but I suspect this is also not permitted?)  
As @jgatie says, add your Eras to Room2 (the room name is just an identifying tag) and use the Group feature to send audio to Arc and to Eras.