Skip to main content
Answered

arc

After adding arc to room of my choice it shows up  in another room tried this twice

ty for help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

After setting up arc and adding to room it will show up in another room

ty for any help please

What ‘room’ did you try to add it to? If there was already a speaker in that ‘room’ (Sonos room, not physical room), then unless you had a pair of speakers, and set them up as surrounds, you wouldn’t be able to add an Arc. You could conceivably have the two Sonos ‘room’ speakers in the same physical room, and then group the two Sonos ‘rooms’, but there would still be a delay when using the ARC input on the Arc.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ty I’ll check it out I have living room. With sub and right left play3

then I have living room2 where arc went but I had it go to living room

ty for replying

So, get the Arc set up, don’t worry about the name of the room, that can be changed later. Once the Arc is set up, add the Sub (bond it to the Arc), and finally ‘add surrounds’, for which you’ll use the two PLAY:3s. They’ll all end up in one Sonos Room, which you can rename to your heart’s content. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ty for support u guys r giving I have room called living room which has sub and 2 play3 when I add arc  even when I say add to living room it will go elsewhere

ty

Right, you’re trying to do it backwards. Set up the Arc first, then add the Sub and the surrounds to the Arc. Everything is based around the Arc. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ll try that the only reason I did it that way was I had playbar and upgraded to arc

i have a lot to learn from u guys

Think of the Arc as the ‘hub’ of your home theater. Just like with the PLAYBAR before, everything connects to that central hub. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Gotcha I’ll I’ll reset up once again Ty very much

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Ty for everyone’s help without it I’d be lost but now have it up and running perfectly