Answered

AppleTV, Sonos Beam and Samsung TV: TV won't auto power on

• 26 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I have an apple TV and recently got a sonos Beam.

AppleTV is HDMI to the First HDMI port, Beam to the ARC port.

It passes sound fine. Apple TV controls volume fine. 

But the TV no longer turns on when the apple TV is turned on.

Even the original TV Remote doesn’t work when the beam is connected. I have to turn the TV on at the TV front panel.

Troubleshooting things I have tried:

I have disabled IR on the Beam, I have toggled AnyNet settings and Apple TV remote pass through settings.
It HAS worked a few times, but everytime I get it to work once, it never works again.

I set up voice controls, first Test “Hey Sonos, Turn on TV" worked fine, then when we actually tried to use it, it stopped working.

Sometimes, very rarely, the Apple TV will turn on the TV when it powers on, but it is inconsistent and never works when I actually want it to.

This is incredibly furstrating and I don’t understand what the conflict is, I have toggled, re-set up and tried every combination of settings. I just want to use my one remote, the Apple TV, to turn on/off everything, control volume and navigate the UI. 

Tried the opical setup, but then I can’t control the volume via the remote.

If I were to start over with setup, what steps should I follow? What else can I try?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 26 February 2023, 17:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could try using another HDMI port for the ATV.

Did this answer work for you? Do I have to use a different HDMI cord? I didn’t have issues before Sonos Beam