Answered

Apple TV remote turns tv and sonos playbar volume up

• 27 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

I have a Sony A90J and a playbar connected via optical. The only way I could get the Sony remote to work with the playbar was by turning off BT on the TV, that way it would send an IR signal to the Sonos. As a result of this, every time I change the volume on my Playbar, the TV also shows a meaningless volume change bar. Meaningless because it has nothing to do with the volume coming out of the soundbar. Whether that graphic is at 0 or 100, the volume is completely controlled by the Playbar.

In getting the ATV, I was hoping to eliminate this issue, where turning up the volume would not result in the annoying graphic on the tv. I don’t see a way to accomplish this, though.

Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 November 2023, 01:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe connect the Sonos Arc to the TV’s HDMI-eARC port and use CEC to control the volume instead with its remote in Bluetooth mode - just enable CEC (Bravia Sync) on the TV.

Ah ignore my post - I see you’re referring to the old Playbar, my mistake. 🙏 The Arc, or Beam2 though would have probably resolved the issues seen here.

I searched the Sonos support pages and found this link. Not sure though if it will perhaps resolve your issue, but worth a try…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/use-an-apple-tv-remote-with-sonos-home-theater-products