Question

Apple TV 4k and Sonos Arc

• 12 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have Apple TV 4K and just purchased the Sonos Arc. My question is there anyway to take advantage of Dolby Atmos and if not what would be the best way to connect the Apple TV 4K up to my TV. I do have one port on my TV that says HDMI ARC but not sure how to get the best sound for the Sonos Arc. I understand there may be an update soon from Sonos to help get the best sound possible. I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I do not own Apple TV personally, but my understanding is that it may output  audio in DD+ or MAT for atmos audio, depending on the streaming service used.  Your TV would then be responsible for passing through that audio to the Arc, but some TVs with ARC capabilities do not due this, or add a delay in the audio. Not sure what TV you are using.

The best way to get the best quality audio to the Arc is to use an HD Fury Arcana, which will allow you to bypass sending audio through your TV.

Badge +1

Thank you for your response. I have a Samsung 4K tv that does have the HDMI ARC port on the back of the TV so I would assume I will need to plug my Sonos Arc speaker into the HDMI ARC and plug my Apple TV 4K in a different HDMI port and see how it sounds. It will be trial and era since I am not very tech savvy. I will look into the HD Fury.