Answered

Apple TV 4K 3rd gen - NEDIS ACON3455AT/OREI HDA-935 - Sonos Arc sound cutting in and out

• 19 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi

I see that there are several people with different issues on Apple TV 4K → Sonos so sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

I have an older LG OLED that only has ARC and not eARC support so that is why i bought the Nedis product which seems to be the same as the Orei one.

When I connect my apple tv through this box the sound cuts in and out a couple of times per second it seems and app shows PCM 7.1. 

I also have a chromecast ultra 4K and a nvidia shield pro and when using these as inputs for the same sources Netflix/Apple tv+ etc sonos arc performs perfectly with dolby atmos displayed in the sonos app.

Is there a general issue with apple tv 4k directly communicating with a sonos arc ? I know the common setup would be with an eARC supported tv in between but I would think the box would do the same job as the tv - transferring lossless Atmos to the Sonos Arc.

I have tried having the Apple TV connected to the Tv and the Arc connected to the tv then I get sound not cutting in and out but then it is not Atmos sound.

Running out of thoughts here so input is highly appreciated

Regards

Lars

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 October 2023, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I’m not familiar with this Nedis device, but in answer to your direct question, Apple TV does not create either an ARC or eARC signal, that is done by some other device, traditionally a TV set. So no, the Apple TV can not be plugged directly into a Sonos Arc to generate a readable signal.