Answered

Apple Music Sonos Arc

• 16 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Hi

im trying to play back Dolby atmos music from Apple Music on my iPhone to my Arc. From Apple Music I play an Atmos song, AirPlay it to the Arc.

However when I go into the Sonos app on my phone it just says “AirPlay” where for a movie etc it would show “Atmos”. 

Im almost certain I had it saying “Atmos” on Saturday evening from the same set up, but I’d had a bottle of wine so can’t be sure!

how do I stream Atmos music to the arc please?

thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 March 2023, 21:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Currently, you can only play Dolby Atmos music from Apple Music to the Arc through the Apple Music app on an Apple TV 4K. But on March 28, with the release of the Era 300 speaker, Dolby Atmos music will be supported on Apple Music directly from the Sonos app.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/newsroom/sonos-apple-spatial-audio

Will the Sonos Amp also get Lossless audio from Apple Music on 28th March?

Badge +20

Will the Sonos Amp also get Lossless audio from Apple Music on 28th March?

Absolutely no news from Sonos on this so it’s a guessing game.

My understanding it will not. Here is my question to support and the response they gave me.

“ My understanding is that Apple Music Dolby Atmos will be available on the ARC beginning March 28th. Will Apple Music “lossless audio” also be available?”

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Sonos!

Unfortunately, the lossless audio feature still won't be available on Sonos devices.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Best,

Carlos H. 
Sonos   |   Sales Experience   |   Contact Us | 800.680.2345 - Opt 4
Ask questions, find answers, and order your products on our Sonos Website.

Your case number is: *********

Moderator edit: removed case number

My understanding directly from support that on March 28th Apple Lossless will NOT be available.

Hello,  

Thanks for contacting Sonos!  

Unfortunately, the lossless audio feature still won't be available on Sonos devices.  

Let us know if you need anything else!  

Best,