anyone using era 300’s with beam gen2?

• 27 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I recently got myself an era300 and really impressed. I am (sadly for my wallet) tempted to get another one and use as rears for my beam gen2 /sub mini setup and replace my era 100’s with 300’s. Anyone with a similar setup? My living room is quite small/mis sized for uk standards. 4.37x3.68m and i am already quite impressed with the current setup but there is so much praise out there about era300’s as rears and it’ll be a future investment for the next gen soundbar sonos will release? 
thoughts, experiences ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It really comes down to how much Atmos content you watch. The 300s are going to do a better job on that than the 100s, I can’t say if the difference would be worth it to you with a Beam up front.

A next-generation soundbar is rumored but nothing official has been said.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I watch mostly streaming and recent stuff which usually comes with atmos. But that’s exactly my question/discussion point. Is sonos beam gen2 big enough for era300’s? I know we dont know when lasso will release and if/when it happens i might just upgrade my beam to arc maybe if not lasso. But more importantly anyone with beam and upgraded to 300’s out there ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Big enough isn’t the question I’d be asking. The 300s will happily match the volume from your Beam so it isn’t too small and the 300s aren’t too big.

The difference that will matter to your ears is the better Atmos spatial reproduction from the 300s versus the 100s. Also consider the 300s mounting requirements versus the 100s.

Just an example from way back, I had Play 1s, Play 3s and Play 5s available to use as surrounds with my Beam. I found the Play 1s did as well for my ears as the others so I still have them there for my Arc. They reproduce (non Atmos) surround sound quite well and do not seem stressed at any point. The 3s and 5s were also a good fit but I thought them better used in other spaces.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I hear you and appreciate it. There are sometimes comments like era300’s are too “powerful” for beam etc. That was my worry. I guess unless i try them in my own space it’d be hars to tell what i am “missing” or not