Skip to main content

Afternoon all,

Over the course of many years we have developed a very nice wall to wall Sonos house. But one room I could never justify (or afford) to kit out was the kids gaming room. Sounds upscale, it was of course a spare room. 🙂 …. but it kept them (and their friends) out of trouble and managed.

Now however, kids have left home (and took S1 Sonos gear to set up home), we are just shutting down the old room and adding the gaming thing to my home office for Grand kids!!!! Feel old.

Anyway I get the excuse to complete the Sonos install and could use your advice for the best Sonos setup to build in that will work nice with PS5 and Xbox or indeed I guess PC gaming etc.

We are at that install point (after projector screen, consoles, network etc) that needs sound adding. Holes in plaster and floors up time.

I’d be very grateful to get practical advice what to do and indeed what to avoid. 

I’m thinking about a large sound bar I can fit at lower level below the bottom of the projection screen. But a bit clueless after that in terms of connecting to consoles and adding speakers. Ideally one that can accommodate Dolby Atmos.

It’s overkill but will be a one time install. Keen get your options and possibilities.

Many thanks in advance