Answered

Amp works with Apple TV but not Sonos App or Airplay

• 6 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Sonos Community!

I am having an issue where my Amp (and through it, my DALI wired speakers and 2 One SL satellite speakers) only seems to be connecting to and playing with my AppleTV, but is not showing up in the Sonos app. My separate Era 100s work fine and show in the Sonos app. 

My setup: 

• Sonos Amp with wired (non-Sonos) speakers
  • 2 x One SL satellite (which were and are connected via wifi to the amp, working fine)
  • Apple TV → Samsung TV → ARC to Sonos Amp

I set up and had these all working fine via/in the Sonos app. What I’m lately experiencing: 

1. I can still see my amp in the Airplay options, but it fails to connect. (I can connect to my Era 100s with no issue at all.)
  2. I do not see the Amp or the One SL satellites in the Sonos app, although I used to. They still work wirelessly in surround sound together, so I know they are online. 
  3. If I play TV or audio via my Apple TV, it works perfectly (including the One SL satellites), including Dolby surround.
    1. So in this situation, I can ‘play’ music via Apple Remote on my phone, so via Apple TV, but it’s not ideal, because I control music via my phone from anywhere in the house, not just via Apple TV remote.

Ideally I want to primarily listen to music via my Amp and speakers, TV is somewhat secondary, but at the moment I am stuck playing music through the Apple TV only. 

Any thoughts and help are greatly appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 6 January 2024, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

So is the Amp showing up as being connected to your routers DHCP server and is it assigned an IP address? Are you able to ping the Amp across the LAN? What happens if you temporarily wire the Amp to the local network?

I tried and it’s online. But, randomly it is now showing in the app and working. So strange. Will post again if it changes, but it’s back online now. Oddly though, my two Era 100s are not showing anymore under System in the app, although they are currently playing via wifi along with the amp and its connected speakers. Interesting… 

Have you previously factory reset any of your devices? I ask because from what you describe it sounds like you may have accidentally split your system into two separate Sonos households/systems - but that can only happen if you did factory reset the Amp, for example, or both Era speakers. 

Normally when that does happen you end up losing the music services and playlists/favourites etc. too and have to set things up again, but the controller then switches between each of the two systems.🤔