Answered

Amp Installation

• 12 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Trying to install Amp on my app 

App sees the Amp, starts installation and asks for 8 digit code. It then tells you to push the green lit join button. However the join button is not lit  Stuck. 

Suggestions??

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 12 December 2022, 23:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi 

If you are asking to find the 8 digit code…just turn the AMP over and on the bottom you’ll find an 8 Digit PIN. The only light that turns green (to my knowledge) during setup is the status LED on the top front of the Amp. The connect button (Infinity Symbol) on rear does not light up. Bear in mind my AMP’s are two years old and Sonos may have updated the connect button to glow (i.e. turn green) on newer models. I can’t confirm or deny regarding new AMP’s as I haven setup an AMP in 2 years. I hope this helps!

I am ticked about the eight digit pin because I can’t find it. I’m gonna sit near forever trying to find the damn thing I’m going through so much just to get this far and putting up the app but can’t find the stupid pin on the amp. how big is a ladder the numbers are the only inch bigger than the 20pt.-

How old is the AMP? I believe the originals used 8pt dark gray on black type near the circular ridge on the bottom.

I assume that this is freshly added to your system and has never been setup. If this is the case, Factory Reset the unit and attempt to Add Product to your system. The AMP may offer a WiFi or Bluetooth connection to your phone. Here are more details.