Answered

Amp as surround with Arc fails to connect

• 20 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I have an amp 2 ft away from my arc, with the amp controlling two rear embedded speakers.

I've tried just about everything, including factory resets. If they stay decoupled, they both work. As soon as I try to add the amp as a surround system for the Arc, it fails to connect "Surrounds couldn't be added" and the Amp immediately becomes disconnected in my system. 

Both are connected via WiFi; previously the amp was on Ethernet but with the v14 update, surround doesn't work.

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 June 2023, 04:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Any chance you have the Wi-Fi radio turned off on the Arc or the Amp? The Arc is trying to communicate on a hidden 5 GHz channel with the Amp, but if you have the radio turned off, that would kill the channel between the two. Or, it could be a source of wifi interference interfering between the two devices. 

Have you tried to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it? The data in those diagnostics which we don’t have access to would be fairly telling, I’d think.

Good call on system diagnostics. I'll also get sonosnet up on one of the other amps in the house and see if that helps.