Answered

airplay on playbar with gen 3 sub

• 10 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone, 

I am setting up a home theatre and looking for advice. I have a gen 3 sub and gen 2 ones, but looking to put a playbar attached to the tv. I’d like to use the system as a home theatre but I also want to stream airplay from my phone. Will the play playbar work for this as the other components are airplay compatible? My tv isn’t a smart tv so I can’t stream to it.  I read about separating into groups, but would like it to work for both tv as well as streaming without loosing sound/speakers

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 March 2021, 14:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Unfortunately, no, you won’t be able to stream to a Sonos room with a playbar.  Essentially, all audio streams to the playbar first, and then out to the sub and surrounds.  

What I usually do is AirPlay 2 to a Sonos One, which then gets ‘grouped’ with my PLAYBAR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I think the Beam does Airplay 2, Playbar doesn't but it's a great soundbar regardless.