Answered

Airplay issue

• 9 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I just picked up a Sony 950h tv and a Sonos Arc and I absolutely love it! However, when I’m trying to airplay from Mac to my tv, video is fine but there is no audio to the Arc. And when I try to output the audio to the Arc, I lose the video on my TV.. Any ideas why or how to resolve this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 9 June 2021, 07:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This is an Apple issue. To the best of my knowledge, you can not send video to one AirPlay 2 target, and audio to a second AirPlay 2 target. 

You could potentially use AirPlay 2 to send the signal to an Apple TV, and use the Apple TV to send the audio via HDMI to your TV, which should then send the audio via ARC to your Sonos Arc.

If there is no audio when sending the AirPlay 2 signal to the Apple TV, you may need to double check the audio output settings on the Apple TV. If the standard Apple App on the Apple TV  works properly, then your issue is somewhere in the Apple aairplay 2 world, and not in Sonos.