Question

Adding Sonos Beam to AVR Setup.

• 6 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I have Sonos Products throughout my home for audio, but sound for my primary TV is currently through a traditional LCR soundbar wired through a Denon AVR that also controls audio for a number of wired in-ceiling and outside speakers. All of my video components route through the Denon (local cable TV, Apple TV, Fire Stick, etc.) I also use a sonos connect for my turntable audio output.

I would like to replace my LCR soundbar with a Beam. I’ve seen a number of threads discussing how to connect Beam in to an AVR (and whether this makes sense to do or not). Since I already have the AVR, and it’s so central to my current set-up, is it just as simple as connecting Beam to the HDMI/ARC output on the Denon?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dryan1998.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you wanted your Sonos to work with your Denon AVR. Allow me to share with you some information to help out. I would also like to provide an information.

I would like to set your expectation, connecting Sonos to an AVR is not a recommended set up. Sonos home theater speakers such as the Sonos Playbar, Playbase, Beam, Amp, and Arc were designed to be connected directly to a TV. However, We can always reach out to other members of the community to see if they have any opinion or recommendations on this. There might be other members of the community who may have the same setup as you and for them, the setup might be working. I would also like to share with you a thread that discusses this type of setup. The main topic of the thread discusses connecting Sonos to a projector and a Denon AVR. 

Let us try to reach out to other members of the community and check their recommendations and feedback. Feel free to visit the thread and comment if you have any specific question. Everybody can lend a hand.

Thanks,