Answered

Adding One SL's Killed my Sub

• 6 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Bought arc and sub 2 weeks ago.  i could have wept at how incredible it sounded.  added two one sl's last week as rear surrounds.  All was glorious for about 48 hours.  while watching a 4k br friday night (longest possible time to talk to a live support rep), arc made a loud static like sound for a second or two.  arc and sub disconnected.  reconnected arc no problem.  sub was a bear. was able to get incredibly faint sound out of sub after hardwiring arc, but nothing like its potential.  literally 4 hours on the phone with support today. at least 2 dozen diagnostics.  supervisor (who was super nice and genuinely interested in helping me fix things) ultimately told me I'd need to schedule a call with the engineering team (which I found out later was in two days!). kept perusing forum and something clicked to make me disconnect surrounds.  the bass is back in a big and beautiful way! but my one sl's are paper weights.  any thoughts on what caused the issue and how to configure the two rears??

icon

Best answer by Wheresthebass 8 April 2021, 16:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the Arc still hardwired to your router? If so, be sure Wi-Fi is still enabled in the Arc’s settings.

Thanks for the reply.  Arc is no longer hardwired.

Userlevel 7

Can you see the two One SLs at all in the Sonos app? If so, what happens when you try to connect them as surrounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wheresthebass 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this issue? I can see your speakers are currently correctly configured. Do you nowget audio from all speakers, including the Sub?

Hello,

The issue is resolved and everything is sounding great.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello,

The issue is resolved and everything is sounding great.  Thanks!

That’s good to hear! Would you mind sharing what fixed it?

Disconnected the surrounds, then reconnected sub, then surrounds.