Answered

add beam soundbar to tv and Amp

• 5 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My Sonos amp is located in my AV room and it’s wired to 2 ceiling speakers in my Gym.  I have a Sony TV in the Gym room but the AV company could not get it connected to the Amp with the Ethernet wiring.

First Question: is there a way to get the TV connected to the Amp with the Ethernet wiring or a wireless connection to the Amp?

Second Question: If I install a Sonos Beam to the TV (Direct TV box installed behind TV) with a HDMI cable from the TV ARC output to the Beam—-when I turn on the TV will it automatically find the Beam and the Amp —-therefore play the TV/Direct TV audio through the Beam and 2 ceiling speakers?

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 5 June 2023, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

My Sonos amp is located in my AV room and it’s wired to 2 ceiling speakers in my Gym.  I have a Sony TV in the Gym room but the AV company could not get it connected to the Amp with the Ethernet wiring.

Second Question: If I install a Sonos Beam to the TV (Direct TV box installed behind TV) with a HDMI cable from the TV ARC output to the Beam—-when I turn on the TV will it automatically find the Beam and the Amp —-therefore play the TV/Direct TV audio through the Beam and 2 ceiling speakers?

Set TV Autoplay and whatever it was playing, Beam will switch to play tv sound when the tv is turned on. If the Amp is driving surrounds it too will play the tv sound. 

Badge

Thank you. Is TV AutoPlay a Sonos option during set up or is it an option on the Sony TV. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It’s an option for the Beam under Settings in the app once the Beam is set up. 

Badge

Thank you