85" TV only gives me 1.5 inch of space for a Soundbar, what are you using to raise the TV?

Looking at the Arc and it requires 3.4” of depth.  I only have 1.5” of space.  The Soundbar would block almost 2” of screen space.  What can I use to raise the feet of the stand?  I was thinking of just making wood pieces to sit the feet on to raise it up.  The TV stand footprint (WxHxD in INCHES): 1.7 x 15.6 x 10.2.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you use “stripes” of wood, attach them to the TV stand. This will prevent the TV from slipping off. Another scheme would be a large block of wood, finished to match the surface. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I made a frame of 2x4 lumber and inset a sheet of ¾ plywood in it to raise my TV.

Be sure to anchor your TV well or expect to find it on the floor at some point.

Not sure if Sanus stands go big enough but I found one for my TV and the wife likes it better than the wood one.

I used to use unmounted IKEA Lack shelves. I also used to use hockey pucks under each ‘foot’ of the TV.