7.1.4 placement.

• 1 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Wanting to get best sound by placing 7.1.4 at ideal position. Ceiling height 11feet. 

CURRENT SONOS PLACEMENT

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Saqlain burki 

Thanks for your post!

The only way I can see to improve things would be to move the sofa closer to the TV so that the Era 300s can be placed behind the listening position rather than to the side, though I recognise that this might not be workable for obvious reasons.

I hope this helps.

Badge +2

Currently era 300 is one feet behind listening level. I can move recliner one feet further but i doubt it will make any change. left and right separation is noticeable but my complain is with height affects...increasing level on app doesn’t make any difference. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Saqlain burki 

Understood. 11 feet is quite high for ceilings, but I would expect you would be able to hear the height channels all the same. It may be a question of what you are watching - some movies will have more pronounced height channels than others. Although I don’t have an Atmos solution myself, I did recently watch an amazing movie called “Sisu” that, near the start, has some WWII bombers flying overhead and I couldn’t help but think that it must sound amazing on Atmos - it might be worth checking out on Netflix.

I hope this helps.