Skip to main content

Watching a new movie on Netflix and the app says 5.1. Arc, Sub gen 3 with Era 100’s on the rear surround setup. No sound from the Era 100’s despite App showing 5.1.  Checked TV and it’s set to Dolby audio.  Any suggestions?

Without knowing the soundtrack to what you were watching: can you be sure there should have been any effects playing at any time? Just because a program is broadcast in 5.1 doesn’t mean there will be significantly noticeable rear channel sounds. 

Thanks. It is an action movie “The Union” just released on Netflix.  

Hi @paulauryn 

Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear of this issue you’re having with no audio coming from your surrounds.

AS ​​​@nik9669a mentions, this may be just the content you are playing, but I’d expect an action move to play surround audio at some point.

I recommend that you first reboot your Arc by removing power for a moment or two. The Arc is in charge, so if the surrounds are not playing, it’s likely because the Arc is not telling them to.

If this does not resolve the issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.