30% off for dead sub!!!

• 25 July 2023
  • 8 replies

I had a 4 year old sub that died. I sent it back for 30% off a new one. 

So to replace it will cost me (with tax) $600 for a 4 year old $800 sub. $150 a year to rent a sub seams unrealistic to me. Now that Sonos has become a big company they just don’t give a crap!

I asked for help… fix it, replace with referb or larger discount. 

NOPE...not even SORRY. Just tough S___!

I have a house full of Sonos & have recommended to several friends.

NO more…

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

30% off a replacement for an out-of-warranty product: how many other companies do you know that would do that?

Who do you know that offers a bigger discount than 30%?

How old should the product be before no longer being offering a free-of-charge replacement? 

🤣 You must work for sonos! I have equipment that is 50 + years old & still working great. Three of them are subs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

No, I don’t work for Sonos. Nor do I receive any form of payment or consideration from them. AIUI, Sonos staff on these forums are identified  

I note though that you didn’t answer my questions. Any reason for that? 

🤣 You must work for sonos! I have equipment that is 50 + years old & still working great. Three of them are subs.

And since they are out of warranty, if they break you won't get a free replacement, and probably no discount.  Your point?

Sonos will actually give you a 15-30% discount on new speakers even if your old speakers are still working.

🤣 I have equipment that is 50 + years old & still working great. Three of them are subs.

The parts count is much lower in that old equipment. Lower parts count usually implies fewer failures unless the units are in the cheap trash category. It’s doubtful that any of the 50+ year old amplifiers meet their original spec’s. Are any of those old units capable of using WiFi or play music services?

Talk about not getting the bit. 🙄

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos warranty is pretty good and their out of warranty deal is great.

If neither is good enough for you it is simple to buy an extended warranty, I’ve got a couple 4 year ones and longer may be available.