Answered

2021 Apple Siri Remote Volume Control Sonos Arc + Sonos Amp

• 18 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello! I have a new Sonos Arc that is connected to my 2021 Samsung Neo 75” screen via the HDMI ARC port. I use my 2021 Apple TV 4K with new 2021 Siri remote and no other input device (such as a cable box or DVD player).

My latest gen Sonos Amp is connected to the same wifi network as the Arc Soundbar and runs the rear speakers for that same TV. I am able to control the volume of the Arc soundbar with the new Siri remote however not the Sonos Amp when watching TV. I am able to get the TV to play it’s audio through both the soundbar and the Amp but the new Apple Siri remote only controls the volume of the Arc soundbar and not the Amp which is connected to my rear speakers. Anyone figured out how to get the Siri remote to control both the Arc and the Amp when they are paired together in the same Sonos zone for my living room TV?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 September 2021, 09:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Is the Amp set up as surrounds with the Arc or is it just grouped with the Arc?

Is the Amp set up as surrounds with the Arc or is it just grouped with the Arc?

I have the Amp grouped to the Arc soundbar. Can you tell me how I setup the Amp as surrounds for the Arc soundbar as opposed to grouped?

Userlevel 7
  1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Under Products, tap Arc/room associated with the Arc.
  4. Tap Set up Surrounds.
  5. Follow the in-app instructions to add your Amp as surrounds.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2927?language=en_US