2 Play 1 in surround sound with the Beam Gen 2. Can the volume of the 2 Play 1 be controlled separately?

• 7 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I currently have a Sonos Beam gen 2 with two surround sound Play 1 speakers. I used TRUEPLAY to make sure that the sound was going to be optimum.

The issue I am having, and no one seems to be able to help, is that the surround sound speakers at the back cannot be controlled independently. The BACK LEFT surround speaker has a volume MUCH LESS then the volume of the BACK RIGHT surround speaker. I want to balance those two rear surround Sonos Play 1 speakers. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

You can adjust the Surround Audio level for both speakers together but not each speaker individually.

If you disable Trueplay, is the imbalance still there? If so, is it better or worse?

More than likely, the imbalance is caused by the acoustics of the room. Can you post photos of the Play:1s in your room?