Answered

Wired CONNECT & wired Apple TV - can they be connected?

• 10 January 2018
  • 2 replies

I recently installed a ethernet wired CONNECT to my Yamaha receiver along with a One to stream music to existing speakers in 2 zones - all is sounding great & I can play my music library on my Mac & stream from Prime Music & Pandora. I also have ethernet wired Apple TV connected to my TV to stream content/music & a Boston soundbar with sub - & my question is this, can CONNECT stream to this existing non wifi soundbar through the Apple TV device? Or would I have to upgrade that to a SONO PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE? Appreciate any ideas/work arounds!
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 10 January 2018, 20:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If I understand your setup properly, no. There is no Sonos Apple TV app that would allow the music to be streamed to your TV, and then out to the Boston Soundbar.

You'd probably need to upgrade that soundbar to either a PLAYBASE or PLAYBAR, and then it would connect to the CONNECT and be able to play any music you were pushing through the CONNECT or stream music on it's own, or via an optical cable whatever you were playing on the TV.
Thanks Bruce, I was guessing that might be the case ... a new savings opportunity for 2018!