Will you ever fix the volume increment problem?

• 1 June 2021
  • 2 replies

For years now users have requested you allow us to have more detailed volume control. The app allows you to use increments of 1, which too dramatically change home theater volume at low levels, and IR remotes change it by 2 without a way to adjust the increments. 

Sonos is in the home theater market now and is still using an engineering model tailored to music. Will you please allow us to have more control over how our systems sound? Or at the very least change the volume amplification intervals at low volume?!

Sonos should do a better job listening to customers when they sell $750 soundbars and subwoofers designed mainly for home theater.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I assume some TV’s have volume control values of 1 to 100, others have 1 to 50 and Sonos map each of those to their setup, which is 1 through to 100. So maybe it depends on the TV and the need here is for TV manufacturers to agree a standard.

I don’t see why you don’t use HDMI-CEC whereby the TV remote controls the TV volume, which in turn passes that through to the Sonos Arc and just not bother with programming the Arc to use the IR remote. 

My LG TV can be controlled using Alexa via the Harmony Hub remote and in that case the volume increments can be set by the user, or the volume level can expressed as a simple percentage value.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @chrisanddian 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for your feedback - I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and it will be passed along as a feature request.