Question

Will I get Atmos with this combination?

• 14 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi just a quick question;

I own a SONOS Arc.

I’m thinking about upgrading my tv to Philips OLED804 (or 805). These tv’s dont have eARC.

Will I be able to get ATMOS sounds?

Furthermore, if I connect an AppleTV 4K to the Philips… does that send an ATMOS signal thru my TV to the SONOS Arc???

Also any thought on lip sync issues on this combination?

Would like to know before spending a lot of money. 

Thanks for the input!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @paddingf, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate for bringing your concern to us and letting us know about it. Let me help you out with this. Apple TV 4K doesn’t output Dolby Digital Plus ( Atmos) signals. To receive a Dolby digital Plus encoded Atmos signal to your Sonos Arc, your TV needs to have eARC, and/ or that the TV needs to support transcoding LPCM signal. You may check this out with Apple’s support and refer to this article Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV. Hope this helps. If you need help with any other information, Please be sure to let us know.