why I couldn’t get dolby atmos at sonos Arc ?

• 5 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi, first at all please apologies for My bad english

i am trying to get Atmos from native netflix or prime apps at my Samsung RU7100 tv. 

it has ARC HDMI, i have set everything but still receive dolby digital plus ob my sonos arc app.

i used:

netflix uhd plan

hdmi from tv arc to sonos bar

What can i be doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Update:

I think the problem is my tv, is ARC only, so probably only get DD+.

To my surprise prime video Jack Ryan works at ATMOS.

i dont know what to think at this point.

it seems to work aleatory in some platforms / content.

i will try to change for a eARC tv to re-test with those who only get DD+ 

i will be back with some news soon

thanks

Userlevel 7

There is not much Dolby Atmos content on Prime Video. Only Jack Ryan, The Tomorrow War, Suspiria, and Carnival Row have Dolby Atmos audio.

For Netflix, be sure to use the English language track or the original language track. Also log in to your Netflix account on a web browser and check the Playback Settings under your Profile. It should be set to HIGH.

I’m finding relatively few ATMOS movies. 

Maybe others can recommend NETFLIX ATMOS movies. AMAZON has a few: Bird Box, The Aeronauts, The Courier, The Tomorrow War, Jack Ryan, Carnival Row, The Wheel of Time, Suspiria, The Expanse, Enola Holmes. I find that I can search for DOLBY ATMOS, but most of the listed results are not actually ATMOS encoded.

Edit:  Guitar Superstar can type faster.

Userlevel 7

I’m finding relatively few ATMOS movies. 

Maybe others can recommend NETFLIX ATMOS movies.

Have a look at this link. It lists the films that are Dolby Atmos, plus Series further down the list.

https://hd-report.com/list-of-4k-ultra-hd-movies-tv-shows-on-netflix/