Question

Which brand TV works best with ARC?- Vizio is problematic

• 17 January 2022
  • 0 replies

So I have the sonos Arc and decided to get the new 65" Vizio Quantum P Series TV.  Read some tv re iews that showed it had great brightness and it seemed to support all audio formats via eArc (from what i saw on rtings.  I'm not an audio expert, but I just wanted a good TV to hook up to my Arc and that would support whatever audio was sent to it..

Well, everything seemed to work well, but about once a week, the TV would start acting weird..   I could see the picture and sound, but the input and settings button wouldn't be responsive...  when this happened, I couldn't even turn off the TV (even using the physical power button on the TV)..   the only solution was to unplug the TV for about a minute and then plug it back in...  This got annoying fast considering the TV plug is in the back of my entertainment stand..

I'm returning the TV and looking to get a new one..  the Vizio only cost about 1k on sale, but I'm not opposed to spending up to 2k on a tv.  I wax considering the LG oled c1, but was concerned about the low brightness of the tv compared to Vizio (does it have real world impact?)..   my living room does have windows next to the tv, but there aren't any behind it...   is the lack of DTS support critical?   I have a new roku ultra and other than that just use the cable box (xfinity 4k box)..  I have a blue ray player, but can't remember the last time zi used it…

I guess my main question is if there is a particular TV that seems to play well with the Arc and which is one  that everyone just seems to have a possitive experience.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.