Answered

Where to hang the plays 1 behind the sofa ??

• 28 May 2019
  • 6 replies

i have two plays 1 and a beam setup and would like to hang the plays on the sofa sides. Do you have any recommendation for a sofa which is close to the wall? See picture. Thank you for you answers!!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 28 May 2019, 00:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Well, most of the recommendations and speaker stands out there recommend at or near ear level. I've done it both ways, the orange "above" and the blue "ear level" in various situations, depending on whether I owned or rented the property.

What I have currently, (renting) is speaker stands that sit on either side of the couch. It works great. When I had them high mounted on the wall, it didn't seem that different to me, perhaps due to the fact that for surround use, there's not that much pinpointable (if that's a word) sound coming from them, but instead support for the front speakers. It worked just fine there, too.

So what I'm saying is it's up to you, and your listening habits. And your ability to run the power cable 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd sure give stands a try before drilling and cutting in the wall for mounts.
Well, most of the recommendations and speaker stands out there recommend at or near ear level. I've done it both ways, the orange "above" and the blue "ear level" in various situations, depending on whether I owned or rented the property.

What I have currently, (renting) is speaker stands that sit on either side of the couch. It works great. When I had them high mounted on the wall, it didn't seem that different to me, perhaps due to the fact that for surround use, there's not that much pinpointable (if that's a word) sound coming from them, but instead support for the front speakers. It worked just fine there, too.

So what I'm saying is it's up to you, and your listening habits. And your ability to run the power cable :)

Thank you for your quick answer! Where do you get the best sound from ? Upper part or close to the ear ? I use for both music and movies.
thx
I'd sure give stands a try before drilling and cutting in the wall for mounts.

Do you have it in stands ? Do you have a pic ??
I didn’t find any significant difference, after running Trueplay on each after “installing” them. But paying an electrician to put outlets up in the wall was semi expensive, so now I just have them on a pair of Flexson stands, which are both sturdy, and hide the power cord well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have mine on a shelf. Amazon may have some pictures either on the main page or in the reviews, they list a lot of different stands.

Sonos stands: https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=sonos+stands&ref=nb_sb_noss_1