Answered

Where is the IR repeater on the Arc?

Userlevel 1

Just got the Arc, loving it, but wondering if I need to change the physical setup as it does block the TVs IR receiver. 

In the app I have enabled the IR repeater, but it doesn't seem to work.

The TV receiver is on the far left, where is the IR repeater on the arc? Is there anything I can try?

icon

Best answer by Ryan S 19 June 2020, 01:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

41 replies

Userlevel 1

Issue still persist for me even after moving it forward - this is on a Panasonic Viera plasma TV (so definitely not Samsung-specific at all). The Playbar that the ARC replaced worked flawlessly with the exact same positioning.

Any progress on this issue?  I have set up the Arc today on the shelf with Panasonic GZ950. The top of the Arc is just above the bezel. Thereis about 15cms between Arc and tv panel. I need to hold the remote about 30cms above my head for it to work. 

Userlevel 1

I got a £10 ir repeater off amazon, that did the trick until Sonos manage to sort this out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What does Sonos need to manage if your TV is positioned to low down?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear Sonos,

I want to love you, but your silence on this issue makes me question what I thought we had together 💔 

Seriously, what's up with the IR repeater not working? Definitely irritating having to lI old the remote way above the soundbar so the signal reaches the tv. You know it's an issue, I know it's an issue, we all know it's an issue. Can't we at least get a canned "we're aware of the issue and working to resolve it" response?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Any progress on this issue?  I have set up the Arc today on the shelf with Panasonic GZ950. The top of the Arc is just above the bezel. Thereis about 15cms between Arc and tv panel. I need to hold the remote about 30cms above my head for it to work. 

They must be on an extended vacation 

I installed a repeater and it’s fine now. On my Panasonic the receiver is offset to extreme left and it just can’t see the Arc. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

After getting frustrated with this, I decided to leave it alone for a while thinking when I came back, all would be fine. Issue would have been sorted out and fixed. Evidently, I'm wrong.... Very wrong. 

This is not what I've expected from Sonos.  Tons of problems.  Arc's audio issues, S2 app issues, repeater issues... List can go on.  

Don't get me wrong, I love my Sonos system... When it's working properly.

Userlevel 1

Sonos - any response?

Same problem. Have just setup my Arc. It costs more than the play bar it is replacing but works worse!

my play bar was pushed straight up against my TV (Panasonic) and worked fine. The Arc does not. 

I’ve still got my old Playbar and looking gat the back it has two black shiny strips along the whole length of the back of the unit. I’m guessing these are the repeaters and why it was never a problem. Looks like Sonos have skimped here for no good reason. Terrible design decision.

Badge +1

I’m what situation are you using these IR repeaters? 

here’s my situation and I thought the arc would solve this. 

I have my Blu-ray, media player, PlayStation, Sonos Amp, fire tv inside my AV cabinet with my harmony base and transmitter. When the cabinet doors are closed the Signal from the harmony can not turn the TV on and off. I was hoping that CEC control or the harmony setup would allow the IR repeater on the Arc to send the signal from the harmony to the TV but I can’t figure out how to do this. 

any ideas? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Thanks for reaching out here. Sonos Arc has an IR repeater on the back to ensure that it doesn’t block the TV sensors, if you need to pair any remotes using IR rather than using CEC with HDMI ARC or eARC. Please let us know your set up and submit a diagnostic report to further check on our end. Reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Thanks. Kind of late tonight but I will definitely do this tomorrow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi, @Ravica3! Sure, just let us know. We and the community are always here to help.

What IR repeater are you guys buying on Amazon?