Answered

When is the Sonos Arc sound dropping fix coming out?

• 28 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

SO many posts for SO long. I and SO many others are absolutely FED UP with how buggy and unsupported this “premium” product is. It pains me every time I watch that I have to power cycle the Arc in hopes it will have continuous sound.  And with having to keep eArc off, a premium feature I paid for, for some hope of stability on power cycling just to get through a movie is inexcusable.  

When is the fix coming??  I am concerned it is hardware at this point, given how long it has been widely known.  If that ends up being the case, I expect full refund.   I have Sonos everywhere in my home, inside and out.  At this point I want to put it all in one giant box and send it back.  I am THAT fed up with the ecosystem I used to love.  

icon

Best answer by James L. 11 March 2021, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Carl G,

If you have a Samsung TV then there is a fix in Sonos S2 version 13.0. Update your system and let us know how you get on.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I suspect it’s a TV firmware update that’s needed, but meanwhile have you perhaps tried switching off HDMI-CEC on all ‘other’ devices connected to your TV HDMI ports, or if that doesn’t solve it, maybe switching the Arc’s connection over to optical instead?

No other devices connected.  I didn’t pay this much for ancient, bandwidth limited optical.  I enjoyed that ‘upgrade’ in the 90s.  If it were just TV firmware, then I guess every TV maker with customers posting the same cutout issues with Arc made the same mistakes.  Not buying it’s a TV only problem.  There is a Sonos patch in testing that some customers report is working, but only after jumping through hoops to get customer support to do a one off push to them.  But at the pace Sonos is moving, not sure which will be faster, pandemic ending or my Arc working.  

SO many posts for SO long. I and SO many others are absolutely FED UP with how buggy and unsupported this “premium” product is. It pains me every time I watch that I have to power cycle the Arc in hopes it will have continuous sound.  And with having to keep eArc off, a premium feature I paid for, for some hope of stability on power cycling just to get through a movie is inexcusable.  

When is the fix coming??  I am concerned it is hardware at this point, given how long it has been widely known.  If that ends up being the case, I expect full refund.   I have Sonos everywhere in my home, inside and out.  At this point I want to put it all in one giant box and send it back.  I am THAT fed up with the ecosystem I used to love.  

Nothing else to add. Same situation and sure am tired of the lack of response from Sonos on this issue. 

I suspect it’s a TV firmware update that’s needed, but meanwhile have you perhaps tried switching off HDMI-CEC on all ‘other’ devices connected to your TV HDMI ports, or if that doesn’t solve it, maybe switching the Arc’s connection over to optical instead?