Answered

When is the Sonos Arc sound dropping fix coming out?

• 28 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

SO many posts for SO long. I and SO many others are absolutely FED UP with how buggy and unsupported this “premium” product is. It pains me every time I watch that I have to power cycle the Arc in hopes it will have continuous sound.  And with having to keep eArc off, a premium feature I paid for, for some hope of stability on power cycling just to get through a movie is inexcusable.  

When is the fix coming??  I am concerned it is hardware at this point, given how long it has been widely known.  If that ends up being the case, I expect full refund.   I have Sonos everywhere in my home, inside and out.  At this point I want to put it all in one giant box and send it back.  I am THAT fed up with the ecosystem I used to love.  

icon

Best answer by James L. 11 March 2021, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I suspect it’s a TV firmware update that’s needed, but meanwhile have you perhaps tried switching off HDMI-CEC on all ‘other’ devices connected to your TV HDMI ports, or if that doesn’t solve it, maybe switching the Arc’s connection over to optical instead?

SO many posts for SO long. I and SO many others are absolutely FED UP with how buggy and unsupported this “premium” product is. It pains me every time I watch that I have to power cycle the Arc in hopes it will have continuous sound.  And with having to keep eArc off, a premium feature I paid for, for some hope of stability on power cycling just to get through a movie is inexcusable.  

When is the fix coming??  I am concerned it is hardware at this point, given how long it has been widely known.  If that ends up being the case, I expect full refund.   I have Sonos everywhere in my home, inside and out.  At this point I want to put it all in one giant box and send it back.  I am THAT fed up with the ecosystem I used to love.  

Nothing else to add. Same situation and sure am tired of the lack of response from Sonos on this issue. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I suspect it’s a TV firmware update that’s needed, but meanwhile have you perhaps tried switching off HDMI-CEC on all ‘other’ devices connected to your TV HDMI ports, or if that doesn’t solve it, maybe switching the Arc’s connection over to optical instead?

No other devices connected.  I didn’t pay this much for ancient, bandwidth limited optical.  I enjoyed that ‘upgrade’ in the 90s.  If it were just TV firmware, then I guess every TV maker with customers posting the same cutout issues with Arc made the same mistakes.  Not buying it’s a TV only problem.  There is a Sonos patch in testing that some customers report is working, but only after jumping through hoops to get customer support to do a one off push to them.  But at the pace Sonos is moving, not sure which will be faster, pandemic ending or my Arc working.  

Badge +17

Hi @Carl G,

If you have a Samsung TV then there is a fix in Sonos S2 version 13.0. Update your system and let us know how you get on.