Answered

What is needed to add additional speakers in other rooms to Sonos Arc and adding turntable

• 18 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a recently purchased Samsung 80QT TV and added a Sonos ARC. I’m very pleased with this set up so far.

I am looking to add additional rooms for music.  What are your suggestions for adding 2 rooms to the ARC?  What are you suggestions for adding a turntable?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 18 December 2020, 09:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have a recently purchased Samsung 80QT TV and added a Sonos ARC. I’m very pleased with this set up so far.

I am looking to add additional rooms for music.  What are your suggestions for adding 2 rooms to the ARC?  What are you suggestions for adding a turntable?

Your post isn’t too clear to me  - are you looking for two rear surround speakers to add to your Arc to handle the two rear left/right TV audio channels in your 5.0.2 system and also use them for music?

Or, are you looking to just add two music speakers to the same physical room where the Arc is located (not bonded to the Arc)?

Or are you considering getting two further speakers for music playback in other rooms of your home?

If you can kindly clarify and also provide the approximate dimensions of the room(s) in your home that you are referring to, then I’m sure someone from the community here should be able to advise/suggest some additional Sonos products for you to consider.

To get a turntable connected to your Sonos system you need a Sonos product with a line-in port such as the Sonos Port, Sonos Amp or Sonos Five .. but note if the Amp or Fives are being used as rear-surround (bonded) speakers to your Arc, their line-in port is disabled in that particular type of setup.

To clarify my question,  I am looking to add audio to 2 other areas of the house. The first room is a Bedroom that is is behind the TV wall.  Bedroom is 16x20.  2nd room is an office 35 feet from the ARC.  This room is 15x15.

To clarify my question,  I am looking to add audio to 2 other areas of the house. The first room is a Bedroom that is is behind the TV wall.  Bedroom is 16x20.  2nd room is an office 35 feet from the ARC.  This room is 15x15.

Okay thanks for clarifying things and for the additional information.

If the office is where you plan to locate your turntable, then I would personally choose to put a single, or perhaps a stereo pair of Sonos Fives in that room.. you can then cable the turntable (with pre-amp) to one of the Fives (line-in port) and play your vinyls to each and every Sonos room.

In the bedroom,  I would personally opt for Sonos Ones, or One SL’s, depending on whether you would like the voice assistant services/control, or not. Again you could use just one speaker standalone, or get two, to make a stereo pair.. 

You can always start with one Sonos Five in the office and one Sonos One in the bedroom and add a second matching speaker a little further down the line.

If you want voice services too in the office to link in and control your Sonos Five(s) etc; you could also add an Amazon echo dot, or a Google nest mini device, depending on your chosen voice assistant preference.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you want a stereo set of One's and want to use a voice assistant, be aware that only one of the speakers will be used for the assistant. So, for or a stereo set it is enough to have a One and a One SL.