Wha'ts with all the app updates recently?

• 29 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

hi

This last few weeks I have had various updates to the sonos app, can anyone from sonos tell me what the fixes and improvements actually are instead of some mundane patch notes about “various fixes and  stability”

I have noticed no difference whats so ever with 12.2.3,  12.2.4 and 12.2.5 all of which have released in recent weeks.

Just be nice to get better patch notes on each version.

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have no more knowledge than you, but I think ‘sorting out a few errors in the previous update’ might sum it up.  For example, 12.2.4 seemed to accidentally remove compatibility with Android 7 devices, and 12.2.5 seems to have fixed it.

I think it was right to fix that quickly.  Better not to have had the problem in the first place, but bugs are an inevitable part of software life.

12.2.5 was just an app update, not a system update, so very quick.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I have no more knowledge than you, but I think ‘sorting out a few errors in the previous update’ might sum it up.  For example, 12.2.4 seemed to accidentally remove compatibility with Android 7 devices, and 12.2.5 seems to have fixed it.

I think it was right to fix that quickly.  Better not to have had the problem in the first place, but bugs are an inevitable part of software life.

Thanks, was that issue stated somewhere in patch notes or something that end users just noticed was fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

There hasn’t been any release notes for a while. The Android compatibility was noticed in a forum thread.