Question

Volume Controls.

• 10 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi

I have the Sonos 1 system.

I have been using the sonos Playbar which I work via an Amazon Fire TV stick connected to the TV.

I have replaced the Fire TV stick with a Mecool KM3 Android TV box.

All works fine apart from volume controls.

I can only get the Fire TV remote to control the volume on the sound bar.

I have removed the Fire stick from the TV and removed the batteries from the remote but the KM3

will not adjust the playbar volume.

When the batteries are replaced the Fire stick remote works with the soundbar volume.

At a bit of a loss how to fix this.

Any help appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tdc2316.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

If you’d like to use a different remote, you have to configure or program the remote through the Sonos app, it will replace the current remote that was programmed. You can only program one remote at a time to control the volume of the Sonos home theater speaker.

NOTE: The TV remote must be IR compatible, some don’t output infrared (IR) signals by default, so you’ll need to configure the remote before you can use it with your Sonos Playbar.

You may follow the steps in this article to Set up a new TV remote with Sonos home theater speakers.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.