Volume control keeps appearing on tv after installing Beam

• 27 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I Recently Added a Sonos beam to my Toshiba fire TV. It’s working great but the volume control randomly appears and disappears on the TV screen even when nobody is touching the remote. How can I make a stop?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, AlexPhil. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community. Normally these nag messages come up when the TV is still picking up the IR signal from the remote. Some TV's have an internal setting that will turn these messages off. You may want to consider checking out your TV's user guide for information. Additionally, this topic may be helpful to see how other remotes pair.
AlexPhil, did you ever get this fixed. I just purchased a Toshiba Fire TV, running through the HDMI ARC and the volume display appears every 5-10 seconds without the remote being touched. I tried to the Optical to see if the same problem exists but the beam could not find the remote.

Did you solve this problem? I have the same with my TCL tv. I have switched to optical connection as I cannot stop the volume pop-up. Super annoying .