Vizio TV and Comcast Cable Box Bass Distortion Issues

• 2 November 2017
  • 1 reply

I have a Vizio P65-C1 model TV and a Comcast (Xfinity) cable box (Model #Pace PX013ANM) setup with a Playbar, a sub, and 2 play 1's is where I am having sound distortion issues, mainly a deep distorted bass sound occurring while watching content from the Comcast cable box. It happens on a daily basis and can occur while watching live TV, content from the DVR, the Xfinity Youtube app, or the Xfinity Netflix app. It seems to be a problem with the Vizio TV in connection with Xfinity I would assume, because if I disconnect the optical toslink cable from the default location (back of the TV) and connect it directly to the cable box, the distortion issue is resolved. ALSO, if I leave the optical cable connected to the Vizio TV, but change to the input to the Apple TV and watch content, or play with the PS4 it NEVER gets distorted. So something about my TV in connection with my cable box is causing this problem, and it is quite bothersome. I can't leave the audio cable connected only to the cable box, because then Sonos doesn't work with the PS4 or the Apple TV.

In addition, I have owned this Sonos setup since April 2016, and have dealt with bothersome audio drop-outs on a daily basis, which ONLY occur when connected to the Comcast cable box. Now dealing with both Audio dropouts AND bass distortion are annoying at best, and makes watching anything on the TV a hassle.

I am running version 8.1 build (38946070), and have just submitted diagnostics number 8035544. I see there is a new update available, as I am pretty sure I checked yesterday when the distortion happened again, and no updates were available.

I was previously working on this topic in Beta (with Braemar B and Michael S), but the issue has been closed and I assume the Beta has been closed as well, however the issue has still not been resolved with the latest update. They got a TAP file from me to help determine what is causing the issue, so maybe they have some information as to the cause or possible solution, but I have no way of contacting them. From the previous contact, the Confirmation Number:VSY6D2X5 RightNow Incident Number:170831-002349.

Is there a fix available for this problem? The bass distortion issue began with the 7.4 update and happens every single day. The audio dropouts have been an ongoing issue since purchase, however they seem to have increased in occurrence. I appreciate any assistance you can offer. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, rjohns1967. Thanks for reaching out! I was able to pull up your previous ticket and noticed you were working with one of our most senior technicians. If you still have that email correspondence, you should be able to reply to it and it will re-open. If you do not have that email chain, I would recommend giving our technicians a call to get the ticket re-opened.

Our contact information can be found here.