Question

Vizio OLED not playing atmos - ARC

• 11 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello all,

I got my Vizio oled setup today and was excited to finally get to hear dolby atmos content from my arc.  No matter what settings I try I can't seem to get the arc to play dolby atmos.  I consiatently get dolby multichannel pcm 5.1 when I would expect atmos.

Don't get me wrong the soumd is amazing I just can't help but feel like I'm missing out.  I am atreaming from the native TV apps and I have tried the UHD NETFLIX, Disney plus and Amazon prime.  Im plugged into an E ARC port and I verified all the content I choose had an atmos sound track

Any help from you guys would be amazing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I think that likely has to do with the Vizio SmartCast platform as the built in apps don’t support Atmos except for Vudu. I have a 2018 P-Series that is lying around as my buddy is buying it from me and that was the case, only got Atmos from Vudu. No Atmos with Netflix or Disney+. I’ve since upgraded to an LG CX OLED and that platform does support Atmos with all those built in apps. 

The new Vizio OLED’s have eARC though so if you use an external device like Apple TV 4K or Nvidia Shield you should get Atmos via the eARC pass through. If you stick to built in apps you’ll have to wait for Vizio and Netflix to support it on the SmartCast platform. And in spite of what the Netflix help page says (2018 and newer Vizio supposedly support Atmos) the official answer from Vizio is they do not.