Vizio 75" Class V Series LED 4k UHD, Sonos ARC & Apple TV sound issues

• 12 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Purchased a Sonos Arc, Sub and two Sonos Ones for surround sound to add in addition to my Vizio 75” V Series TV and the Apple TV 4K (latest edition). Since I purchased this I have had intermittent sound issues with different apps on Apple TV (Hulu, Disney+, HBO, Netflix, etc) that has the sound stay on for a bit and then cut out for a period of time then come back in. I called support and they were no help. It’s discouraging as I paid almost $2k for the Sonos products and am not able to get the full impact of it. To give some information, the Sonos ARC is hooked up to the TV via HDMI not through the optical cable option. I have switched out the HDMI cord and that did not help. 

Latest support diagnostic is: 841974370

3 replies

Userlevel 7

What is the Digital Audio Out setting on the TV set to? What are the other options?

Try to keep using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc.

This is not ideal, but you can set the Change Format audio setting on the Apple TV to ON and set the Audio Format to Dolby Digital 5.1. You will lose the ability to play Dolby Atmos and multichannel PCM audio, but it should fix the audio problems.

I’ve had tons of difficulty with my two Vizios most sending a constant signal to my Sonos devices. In the end, I had to cut them out of the audio loop, by using an HD Fury Arcana. YMMV, but in my case, it wasn’t the Sonos that was the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Yent1981 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you haven’t tried already, I highly recommend unplugging the TV from power for a couple of minutes.

Please also ensure the TV, the Apple TV and the Sonos software are all up-to-date.

I hope this helps.