Answered

Video playback issue with airplay on sonos beam

• 24 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, my Beam device can reproduce audio signal but not video with AIrplay from my Apple devices. The router is update as well as the SONOS application, as well as Apple products. I have this problem since this summer. The bar is properly connected to the TV as you see the typical white SONOS screen saver.

Can you help me?

Grazie

Federico

icon

Best answer by controlav 24 December 2021, 20:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You don’t need the TV to be ‘on’ to play Airplay audio to the Beam whilst watching the video on your mobile/tablet device - if trying to cast the video aswell to the TV however, then that’s likely going to be a TV issue, or mobile device issue, rather than a Sonos issue.

You might want to first try powering off (not standby) all your devices including your local router for a couple of minutes and bring them all back online to see if that fixes your issue. If not, then you perhaps need to detail the steps you’re taking to play the A/V source so that some further suggestions can be made.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You cannot use Airplay to send a video signal to the Beam: its an audio-only device. you can only send it audio.

Thanks for the replay merry xmas