Very little bass coming bass unit

• 26 June 2018
  • 6 replies

I'm having very little base coming from the Sonos Bass unit while I watch TV and listen to music. Is there a way to increase the bass coming from it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi RoxZoe,

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Have you had a look at the support instructions for Adjusting the EQ: Bass, Treble, Balance and Loudness?
Please let us know if there's no change when you play with the EQ, and preferably submit a diagnostic, so we can have a closer look at the SUB. 🙂

Best,
Ditte
Hello:

I submitted a diagnostic, the number is 80379872. Even at full more base comes out but not much. If I watch a movie with a lot of action it’s like watching it with no bass. Could you tell me what’s going on? Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
It looks like the SUB may be having trouble communicating with your PLAYBAR. There are a few things we'd like to know here.
How close is your PLAYBAR to your router? Is the PLAYBAR close to other wireless devices? We would also like to know the make and model of your router if possible.

In the meantime, here are some ways to reduce wireless interference: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286

Let us know if that helps.
My PLAYBAR is about 8 feet away on a separate floor. The room that my router is in is right above where my PLAYBAR is in, My PLAYBAR is close to my VOIP phone but it is disconnected and my Apple TV is close as well. The make and model of my router is: a Verizon Quantom Router, FIOS G1100.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
After a closer look at the diagnostic report, it seems like the problem is focused around the Playbar. Specifically, there is a fluctuating noise floor. This means that some devices near the Playbar are broadcasting wireless signals that are interfering with the Playbars ability to communicate on the network. The 5GHz frequency band seems to be relatively clear from interference in comparison to the 2.4GHz frequency range.

Alternatively, if you are still having trouble, feel free to give our support technicians a call to troubleshoot this in real time. They are able to set up a remote session and get a closer look at moving data along the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sometimes it isn't a device you'd suspect because it doesn't offer wireless.

My WD Live Drive is an example, needs several feet of distance away from any Sonos component. It is just poorly designed and noisy across all channels of the 2.4 GHz range.