Question

Using Octava HD41-ARC with Playbar 5.1 Surround

• 9 February 2017
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone else is using the Octava HD41-ARC switch box to help get true Dolby 5.1 surround on their SONOS home theatre system?

I've been using it a few months now and it's allowed me to get full 5.1 on almost all my TV inputs.

So far I have DD 5.1 from my cable box and from my PS3 and it's pretty awesome.

I am having one, very annoying limitation though-- my Chromecast 2nd Gen plugged into my Octava Box wont' give me DD 5.1, it only outputs in stereo.

Seeing as this is my preferred method for watching Youtube and Netflix on my TV, it's really starting to bother me. There is no settings on the chomecast to force DD 5.1, essentially the chromecast has to realize that DD 5.1 is available and choose to output in that format all by itself.

Does anyone know if there is any way to make the Octava box force Chromecast to output in DD 5.1? I know there's some sort of EDID management ability, but I can't really figure out how to use it.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.