using ARC with One and Sub - adding Amp speakers

• 5 December 2020
  • 2 replies

New to Sonos.  I have the ARC home system with the 2 -One speakers and the Sub.  My Xfinity cable is connected to TV HDMI 1.  The ARC is connected to TV ARC HDMI4 

I have two other non Sonos speakers in my room.  I bought a Sonos amp - thinking I could connect the non Sonos speakers to the amp and use them as additional rear surround speakers.  However, I can’t figure out how to do this. 
I can play Apple Music out of all the speakers on one time - but can not get the non-Sonos speakers to work with the tv. 
thoughts help?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You already have the maximum number of speakers in your home theater setup, five  in the Arc, the surrounds are two more, and the sub is the .1. You can’t add more speakers to that ‘room’ in the Sonos system. 

Since that’s already maxed out, I’m assuming you set up the Amp as a separate room. You can certainly play music in sync in both rooms, but the TV’s input, when grouped with rooms ‘outside’ the Home Theater room are subject to a 75 ms delay, due to the way Sonos software prepares audio sources to play across all rooms. 

Thanks - I decided that I preferred in-wall speakers rather than the Sonos Ones - which were mounted.  So, in place of the Sonos Ones I purchased the Sonos In-Wall Speakers and used the Amp to power them - and use them as the surround speakers.

Thanks Again - I am liking the Sonos System - but it is taking me time to get used to it - I have been using a receiver and speakers for many years.