Upgrading to s2 products

Userlevel 1

I wanted to upgrade to arc from playbar taking advantage of the 30% discount and being able to sell playbar for £200.... Expensive hobby but WOW atmos is immense.

Luckily was able to use my sub and 2 play 1s after a bit of faffing updating them, but play 5 was gen1, as was my zone player which linked my rega turntable. Sold both already! 

Also upgraded to the port (managed to bag a new one/unused off ebay for £200) and bought an ikea bookshelf speaker - really is a decent bit of kit for not a lot of money - £115 posted.

I'd recommend an upgrade to arc and replacing other speakers with ikea.

However the system did drop once already. Hoping that doesn't happen frequently. Restarted phone and it resolved itself. 

2 replies

Odd, as the Sonos doesn’t go through the phone (unless you’re using AirPlay 2). Sounds like you may have some potential wifi interference.

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this dropout again, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

For the occasional system drop, it’s a good idea to keep your devices’ firmware up to date and ensure a stable Wi-Fi connection. If the problem persists, consider resetting your network settings or contacting customer support for assistance. destiny credit card login