TV Stand to use with Playbase: Does 5 inches matter?

• 27 September 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi guys,

Hoping you can help. I purchased a PLAYBase over a PLAYBar which seemed like a good idea at the time, however its now giving me issue when trying to buy a new TV. Most of the TV’s I have looked at won’t fit on the PLAYBase as the TV stands will extend over the edge and just look silly.

I saw the SANUS TV stand on the website that looks like it would resolve the issue but it states it’s for TV’s 32"-60" only. I'm currently looking at the Samsung 65" Q7F (QE65Q7FAMTXXU) it has a 400x400 VESA mount and is under the weight limit (at 24.3kg) so I don’t see why it wouldn’t fit. But as its outside the spec (by 5”s) SANUS and SONOS say it wouldn’t work.

I don’t want to mount the TV on the wall, so it’s looking like my options are limited.

Has anyone used the SANUS mount with a TV over 60”?
Does anyone know of an alternative TV stand that could be used in conjunction with the PLAYBase?
If you have a PLAYBase how did you mount your TV?

Many Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Looking for the same thing now - did you try this?
Hi Mike,

In the end I didn’t want to risk it.

After a bit more searching I found another stand (similar style) rated for up to 45kg and 65”. Stand was made by a company called FLEXSON (adjustable stand for sonos PLAYBASE).

It still used the VESA mount but the supplied bolts were to short and had to source others separately. Annoyingly had to by a bag of 50 only needed 4 :(

Stand itself is approx 24kg in weight without TV So you will need a sturdy table to sit everything on.

Regards