Answered

TV stand to highten LG TV above the soundbar

• 25 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I have an LG Oled TV → 55”, 18 kilo heavy, 1228 x 749 x 220 and it’s resting on it’s own foot (is that the correct English term for it?). It’s not mounted on a wall. LG seems to make tv’s with a very low mount, so if I put a soundbar before it, the soundbar will actually be slightly infront of the TV. This is what is currently keeping my from pressing the buy option for a Sonos Arc.

I’ve looked a bit, but aside from finding reddit topics where people put tv’s on books, construct their own solutions and one person even putting the soundbar behind the tv (eeh..) I didn’t find much in terms of a solution. yet I cannot be the only person with a non-wall mounted LG tv that wants to use a soundbar I think?

Does anybody know of any good solutions? Esp. for such a heavy TV. Preferably something that also is not bad to look..

icon

Best answer by jesalr 26 July 2020, 00:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Asgorath.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

We currently do not have any products for sale that would increase the clearance of the TV from the top where it stands to give more room for our Sonos products to fir perfectly below the TV. Currently, our assumed set up is for out Home theater speaker (soundboard) to be placed a little bit in front of the TV I would not recommend placing the soundbar at the back of the TV as it might not function properly specifically with the IR repeater. However, setting the soundbar aside (meaning if soundbar would not be a perfect choice) we also do offer our Sonos Playbase which was made to handle the weight of the TV resting on top of it. I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer if they have any accessories that would extend the TV clearance below if the stock TV feet that came with the TV are not enough as preferred.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

I put an Ikea Lack shelf (just the wooden shelf) on top of my media centre. It raises it by the perfect amount to ensure the soundbar doesn’t obstruct the TV

Userlevel 7

@Asgorath

Others in this community have suggested the IKEA Lack Shelf as a solution the same as @jesalr. Sounds to be a good solution. The only concern IMO would be the length (left to right) to allow it to fit on your current table or entertainment center. Hopefully, the shelf could be cut if necessary.

Badge

I don’t know if it’s the same size on the 55, but the 110cm shelf is nearly exactly the same width as the front of the TV stand on the 65”

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

That Lack Shelf does seem to be a good option as it’s also in black! thank you @jesalr and @AjTrek1 ! It’s a solid product I presume given the weight of the tv.. But that’s easy to find out myself by just going to an Ikea (once this pandemic allows it).

@Paul A Also thanks for the lengthy reply! I for sure did not intent to place an Arc behind the TV. It’s just some examples of really weird solutions I heard LG people mention. It’s odd that LG has such a lot height when it’s not wall-mounted. I understood it’s actually so low LG’s own soundbar also doesn’t fit under it!

I did originally look at the Playbase for this exact reason, being able to place the TV ontop of it. But I’ve not heard many positive messages about the quality of the Playbase so far, and the Arc seems more interesting with it’s support of Atmos, which my TV also supports (sort off… it has an ARC out not and eARC out).

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Asgorath.

Thanks for the detailed response. I would like to recommend reaching out to other members of the community for some recommendations and/or suggestions they may have as a workaround on this. However, please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns by creating a topic. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,

The Ikea Lack shelf worked perfectly with my new LGCX65. Thanks for the tip.

I used an IKEA lack shelf as well and it allows the whole screen to be seen above the Arc bar and does not obstruct the remote.

Badge +1

Does the IKEA shelf fit with the current 2020 LG 55 or 65 inch tv base (to accommodate the ARC in front)? Thanks